Inov-8 Terraclaw 250
The Inov-8 Terraclaw 250 is a neutral trail running shoe. It was designed to go around tracks, ascend and descend, and go on a variety of trails. It has a Dual-C rubber outsole that sticks to the ground well and is also durable. The triangular lugs keep debris from getting stuck to the shoe and the pattern allows the foot to move and climb naturally. The Metaflex forefoot groove makes toe-offs easier. The midsole uses comfortable yet durable compressed EVA. The shoe has an 8mm drop and a higher stack height that makes longer runs and races easier because of speed, comfort, and stability. The X-Lock welded overlays also stabilize the midfoot and the Met Cradle System supports the forefoot. The mesh upper allows ventilation. The Double Fascia Band (DFB) Shank provides great rebounds and heel-to-forefoot transitions. The wielded overlay in the forefoot and diagonally sewn tongue help keep debris out of the shoe, and the double-layered toe cap protects the forefoot from rocks. If you are looking for an obstacle course race or trail running shoe for daily use or competition, continue reading to find out about the Terraclaw 250 is the right choice for you.
- Great for obstacle course races
- Excellent drainage
- Comfortable fit
- Large toe box
- Above average price
- No rock plate
- Blue dye bleeds onto foot
- Sizing runs slightly small
- These are so freaking durable. I mean, They are beasts. I have worn them for multiple obstacle races and they are still ready for more. The drainage is super good and I am flying up ropes, the grip! These are the best mud racers on the market.
- I was a bit worried because the other model was a little narrow and uncomfortable. These are great though. These fit wide feet great and really support during races. They feel like a minimalist shoe and the lacing really holds you in.
- The toe protector could use a little work but everything else is great. My whole running team bought these and we kicked butt. They fit my wide feet great and they fit to size. They are durable too. I was stable on the wooden parts too.
- These are amazing and really dig into the terrain. They climb great and as rugged as they are, they really are comfortable I do not have to worry about mud in the soe due to the good space on the bottom.
- I have bought all the styles of this shoe; I love the. Super roomy toe and fit my obese feet great. I have had my other pair for 3 years and they still work great. They feel real balanced and are lighter than they look they are more flexible than the others and more comfortable. A real upgrade.
- These glided over all the loose terrain in my archery training courses. They really give a lot more support than my more expensive trail shoes. Love them.
- Traction, support and toe protection is top notch. They are real low to the ground which helps my balance. I love the wight and never get any fatigue or ankle pain. They really are great over rocky and rooty terrain.
- These fit really good. The grip and the comfort are the best. They have a lot of toe room without moving around. The water doesn't drain like I want but we go through a lot of water.
- These are grip masters! I love these and for the price i am over the moon. They are the best tral and climb shoes for me. They clean up super easy, a spray and go.
- I did an 8 mile OCR right out of the box and WOWZA! These held up so good. These are lighter and more comfortable than my name brands. Super impressed and will definitely recommend them to any trail runner.
- I have done all the races and these have all the feels. They really are so comfortable and grip and traction are phenomenal. They have great space for orthotics.
- I was astounded by the grip in all the soft parts of the race. Don't do wet wood too good but what does. Seriously good comfort and would recommend t any one.
- These really work with my pedals on my mountain bike. I can get off and run up the hills and they hug my feet and grip well. I like that they are cheap and affective. REally close to the Asics in cushioning. Great shoe.
- The drain on these is phenomenal and i love how comfortable they are. They are light so water logging isn't an issue I want to add better laces but that is minimal. I have bought two pair of these and have been happy both times
- They fit snug to the heel while giving great toe space. I had to return for a larger size , twice. They are that comfortable though, that I kept them. THey have amazing grip and are a OCR runners dream. They are actually really slim too.
- The toes are a bit stiff but they are super light and are made really durable and great. Love these shoes.
- These have a dreamy toe box. They are light ad really comfortable. These have great traction are very balanced, which gives me great support.
- It really works well on the rocks. The bottom fits great and the sols are ok. I like that I can wear these on all terrains and feel secure.
- I like that these are wide enough for my feet at a standard. They really handle terrain well and the trail runs I have done have been so god. No pain or bruising from the box. These are a really good shoe.
- These held up through all my racing. They are great in the mud and the rocks. The water flowed right out of these. They were light and fit my foot like a glove. The toe box is epic and leves my foot cool. They are very very durable.
- These have amazing support and the grip and lateral support is super good. These do NOT hold water and man, I am so happy. The races were soaked. I cannot recommend these enough.
- After I ran in them, is when the magic happened. These are not made for walking and they take a good breakingin. They are really stabl for my flat feet and have good arch support on all the terrain. These grab everything you throw at it. Totally in love with these and they cannot be beat for the price.
- These are the first shoes I have bought like this an I am really happy. I am not sure what they are supposed to do but they are gripping the trails perfect. I am not slipping and the arches hold really well. Super functional and really comfortable.
- I thought I was getting a deal, I was getting a horrible product. They are so slippery and have no cushion at all. I could barely walk after my course for days. They did have a good water drain but everything else, FAIL. Do NOT waste your money.
- I only used these 2 times for hiking short trail distance and they are worn down. They have tears in the fabric. The toe box cushion is really cheap and soft and is tearing. Very poorly made.
- I really loved the design and look of the shoe. I just could not use them without pain. They crank down hard and are a bit heavy. I mean, I have injuries so thee are not good for bad feet or hamstrings. I have a high instep as well and these do not support that at all.
- These shoes are really cheap. The color leaked into my socks and feet after a bit of moisture and the fabric sucks.
- I am not like the toebox at all. They rub the top of my feet. Very uncomfortable.
- The top of these hit my feet pretty hard. I could barely wear them on the trail. I had to turn around and go change my shoes. They were way too small, even a half size up.
- I was so sad that these were so narrow. I wanted to like them. I even wore them in a race and wanted to try and break them in. They just really hurt and cramped my toes. I even traded them for a larger shoe and NOPE. BOO!
- Dual-C rubber outsole
- Unique multi-directional triangular lug design
- Metaflex groove in forefoot
- Mesh upper with thin X-Lock welded overlays
- Wielded overlay over forefoot and diagonally sewn tongue
- Lightweight double-layered toe cap p
- Compressed EVA midsole
- 8mm drop and higher stack height
- Dynamic Fascia Band (DFB)
- Met Cradle System supports the forefoot