Mizuno Wave Rider 22
Being that the Mizuno Wave Rider is on number 22 of the model, it is obvious that this is a well-loved model of sneaker. Every update of this shoe comes with a tweak to its design to make it even better than the one before. The 22 has an updated full-length engineered mesh upper that delivers excellent breathability and a more adaptable fit. Mizuno has been making their midsoles softer and softer over the past few models and the Wave Rider 22 was designed to deliver a softer and smoother ride than its predecessor. This is a reliable everyday trainer and offers a ton of great features to ensure a cushioned, responsive, and comfortable ride.
- Wave plate and other midsole technologies deliver a responsive ride
- Lots of cushioning throughout the midsole
- Extra cushioning under the heel for more comfort and shock absorbency
- Dual-rubber outsole designed to deliver a smooth ride
- Breathable full-length engineered mesh upper
- Great for short or long runs
- Some users have said they run narrow compared to previous models
- May run about a half size small
- When working out, I found the shoe to be very firm and very cushioned. It was forgiving and very responsive to impact. They are true to size and have tons of support. They feel a bit clunky due to this. However, when doing the distance it pays off and really shines. They do not breathe and need a better way to absorb foot sweat.
- I switched to these from the Brooks Ghost and I am so impressed. These are a little lighter than the Brooks and have more cushioning. They are better fitting with a wee bit less toe space. I love the heel cushioning.
- These are a real improvement to the Wave Model. They are more cushioned, just as light and top in comfort. These have helped my shin splints heal with ease. I would highly recommend these to everyone.
- I have been wearing this model for years and thee are true to them. They are softer and great for marathon training. I ran my last 5 in Mizuno and plan on busting these out on the next one.
- I am so happy with thee they are fantastic. I love the comfort they offer ad the softness inside the shoe. They are a seriously supportive shoe without being clunky and heavy.
- These have been my go to model for years and they really did keep true to the Rider style with this upgrade. They fit well and run even better. I am happy with my purchase and highly recommend them.
- I tried to go to Nikes after the 19 model, huge mistake. Now, I am back and these are better than ever. Light, supportive and pure comfort for the serious runner. I am killing it in these on my half marathons. Thanks for a great shoe Mizuno.
- Epic comfort in these babies. They are great for wide feet and so light without compromising the cushioning.
- I had to take out my meniscus in my knees and thee shoes are like a non invasive knee surgery. They are so supportive and do not cause me ay pain. They are consistent I sizing and a real upgrade from the last model, which was also great.
- I have to be on my feet all day and after getting these, my foot pain has subsided. They look great and have so much support and comfort. Only thing, I would buy them again but in a half size bigger.
- I wore these on my 3rd Boston Marathon in some serious weather and they are awesome. I am serious about running and I have fallen in love with this shoe. I more than recommend these for any type of runner, especially if you are going distance.
- These are my go to shoes. They are the est on the market as far as runners. They do soften up over time n the sole and start to grab debris.
- I love the color combos these offer and they are wider in the toe box. They have a nice cushioned ankle and great support. Work great for bunions and problem feet.
- I stopped wearing this model for a bit because they changed it but after trying these on, I have to say they have went back to the basics that made this shoe so great. It is a lightweight shoe with a neutral feel, which is great for flat feet like mine. I am sure these will get over 300 miles on them, all the others sure did. When I wear these, I do not need my orthotics.
- I would order a half size larger than normal. I have gotten these twice and I love the support they offer. I have small ankles and these really fit snug and soft around them.
- I fractured my tibia and my Dr. suggested I find a good shoe to help with the healing. THese have be the only shoe that has not given me pain. I am so happy for these. I feel like they are saving my daily life.
- This shoe is firm and durable with tons of comfort. I use this as my daily and as my gym shoe and it never disappoints. I love the support in the midfoot area and the drop is a perfect depth for me.
- 100 miles in and these shoes are magic. They have a nice snug sock liner with a really padded and comfortable feel on the inside. I can feel the energy give back in the sole when I run. I love the ankle padding and lacing that adds that extra security. I like the lightness and the responsiveness. This shoe is 100% great.
- I love the all day comfiness that these shoes offer. I wish they made them in a wide.
- I cannot believe they made a shoe this comfortable. I love the colors as well, i ordered the black and gold. Really nice fit and design. I will be buying these again.
- I own all the other numbers in this model and this one is way shorter than all of them by a lot. They are too narrow as well even though they say D. Just not what I was expecting. I am returning them today.
- I always buy this model. These were made very poorly and the design is slightly different. These actually made me develop bunions and they gave me really horrible toe pain. I would not spend money on these if you do not have to.
- I have every model of the Riders and these are just horrible. They are way too stiff in the sole and they rubs on my pinky toe really badly causing lesions. They really hurt my feet. I am pretty bummed, I loved this model.
- The logo area is too tight and caused blisters. The rest of the shoe is really comfortable and I wanted it to work but after a 50 mile break in, it is still bothering me.
- Midsole features many technologies that will help aid in natural motion and excellent energy transfer
- DynaMotion Fit found at the forefoot aids in a more adaptable fit
- Full-length engineered mesh upper delivers great breathability and an enhanced fit
- Dual-rubber outsole will help to protect the shoe from fast wear and tear and aids in response
- U4icX cushioning found at the heel delivers additional cushioning and shock absorbency