Nike Zoom Superfly Elite
The Nike Zoom Superfly Elite is an impressive looking track spike that’s obviously meant to go fast. The shoe features a full-length metallic spike place with non-removable spikes. The highly advanced track spike was designed using 3D printing technology. The plate is extremely lightweight and rigid to ensure the best possible ride feel and experience. The track spike is unisex, with men’s sizing, and comes in six vibrant, attractive colors. The super lightweight speedster of a shoe is appropriate for short track race distances.
- Stylish design
- Excellent grip
- Incredibly lightweight
- Durable construction
- Snug and supportive fit
- Spikes cannot be replaced
- Some users had issues when going sockless in the shoe
- I'm fully sold on these fast shoes, the whole shoe works as one efficient speed unit giving maximum grip and maximum performance, I find these have close to a sock feeling for the uppers and the light sole grips with such reliability, two months in and I love these fast shoes.
- The cushion is optimized in a way that gives rapid return during acceleration, I can really get a momentum going for speed and I love how light these are. I am certain I'm staying with this shoe for as long as I can buy it.
- Putting on the shoe is easy, it just falls short of feeling like putting on a sock, the shoe construction impresses me, it resists abrasion, is very light, gives bags of stability and lets me focus on running, this has to be a top shoe for me, well happy I got these.
- I love how this shoe runs so fast, the sole is designed to solidly bite down and quickly let go of the surface, this shoe gives me incredible performance, very impressed by the cushioning in this light shoe.
- I have used these in two marathons and the performance from the shoe is amazing, the shoe is light but tough and the structure feels like it has been designed to support and enhance my running, no aching feet, just total comfort.
- This shoe gives a very good consistent response and this helps me get the speed going up a lot of notches. The hug over my feet is impressive and I don't even notice any weight, the grip is outstanding, the upper is snug and the sole is so sleek and robust.
- Ten marks for cushion, it is so well placed, the build of this shoe gives me fantastic stability when I need it and the return gets me rolling at a seriously high pace. This shoe is machined for running and I can feel it.
- Great breathability, and that's important to me, I put in tons of miles and these keep my feet dry enough, the shoe is beyond light, these look gentle and sleek while I find that durability is amazingly good. Bit disappointed that the spikes can't be changed but the shoe is the best around.
- The shoe stands out as good, it just seems too odd that we cannot replace the spikes when we want to. I thought being allowed to change spikes was usual? Disappointed.
- I like the shoe but it does not work so well without socks, most previous shoes I have used I was able to skip the socks but not with these, the fit gets a bit loose and the inner does not feel right against my skin. The rest of the shoe is clearly exceptionally good.
- The price was high but I tried it, I need shoes that can take exceptionally rough terrain and I found that these shoes are not durable enough and small rocks get caught in the tread, this is very frustrating.
- The shoe is impressive but for me, I struggled with too much space in the toe box, this gave me the sensation of not being able to focus due to the movement in the shoe front, not so keen on these.
The spikes are part of the spike plate, so they're higher quality than many removable spikes. It's a tradeoff, but most reviewers had no big issues with it once they appreciated how durable the pins were. The length of the spikes is 6.35mm, but one reviewer did complain that the measurement seemed to be off slightly, which may be problematic if you need the shoes for a competition with strict spike length regulations.
There are parts of the upper that do tend to rub against the skin. For those who want to go sockless, they should be careful with the Nike Zoom Superfly Elite. Some reviewers mentioned that they experienced hot spots because the inside of the shoe does have some prominent seams that may rub against the skin and create blisters.
One small drawback of the Nike Zoom Superfly Elite is that some reviewers had big issues with going sockless in the shoe. The interior isn't entirely seamless so hot spots were a common complaint. Not every reviewer developed blisters, but it's something that should certainly be mentioned.
The downside? The spikes are non-removable. Some users had bigger issues than others with this. The quality build of the spike and spike plates seems to have made up for this for many reviewers. The fact that the spikes are built-in, after all, makes them more durable since they are fused to the plate and aren't prone to breaking off easily.
One reviewer did point out an issue with the spikes that's important to mention. They complained that the advertised spike length was slightly incorrect. Nike advertises the Nike Zoom Superfly Elite as having 6.35mm spikes but the spikes are actually slightly longer. This is problematic, continues the user, especially if you are going to be wearing the spikes for competitions that require specific spike sizing. The fact that the spikes are not removable and cannot be replaced with different sized ones may be a problem for a select few runners.
- Metal spike plate
- Dynamic Fit technology for locked-down fit and adaptable support
- Flyweave upper for breathability and support
- Unisex design with men's sizing
- Created using 3D printing technology
- Available in 6 stylish colorways
The shoe has very few drawbacks. Even the fact that the spikes are permanent is not necessarily a negative aspect of the shoe. They are permanent because they're fused into the spike plate. This makes the super durable and less likely to break off than removable spikes.
The Nike Zoom Superfly Elite is a great choice for anyone looking to add a track spike to their shoe wardrobe. The shoe is entirely worth the price. Investing in a pair of fancy 3D printed track spikes might not magically make you faster but they'll certainly help you along if you've put in the time and work during training.