Asics Noosa FF
Triathletes looking for a race shoe that will provide comfort and coolness during their long hauls can look to the Asics Noosa FF for their running needs. This neutral shoe is lightweight, seamless, and provide excellent cushioning in the midsole. Its highly breathable upper mesh will keep the runner’s foot cool and dry throughout a ride even on a hot summer’s day, while its springy midsole provides a great energy return with every step. Its heel and tongue grips allow for easy slip-on and provide a great lockdown after lace-up with their lightweight keeps the runner moving even after many miles without feeling a drag on their feet.
There have been some fine-tune adjustments from the original Noosa edition. The design of the upper has been modified to incorporate more perforations to ensure maximum breathability, for instance. This highly ventilated mesh ensures that the foot will be kept cool and dry during a run and over long distances. In addition, its midsole has been updated to the full-length FlyteFoam™ midsole, which is more than fifty percent lighter than most cushioning systems across the industry. Highly adaptive, this midsole technology absorbs the shock of impact thanks to its dampening mechanism. The wet-grip outsole of the Noosa FF is resistant to slip, which makes this a superior shoe to wear on wet surfaces while also providing superior grip on dry surfaces. In addition, its elastic lock laces saves time for runners who would rather streamline the entire process of going on a run and not waste time during lace-up.
Asics has been producing some of the most reliably comfortable shoes on the market for years now. Having earned a dedicated following and clientele, the Noosa FF goes one step further by being a comfortable neutral running shoe for triathletes in mind. Of course, daily runners looking for a little more comfort in their shoe may also find this a comfortable everyday trainer, as well.
Extremely comfortable shoe
Ideal for both short sprints and long-distance runs
Highly breathable upper mesh
Some may find this a somewhat expensive trainer
A few runners have found the toe box a little narrow
- The shoe is kind of see through but very light and comfortable. The neon color really pops.
- These shoes made me feel like I was running faster. Is that possible? They are very light comfy and very responsive.
- These really fit to size. These are exactly what I expected from the description. I couldn't really find any faults in these. They are super comfortable and with Asics, I have found they are very consistent with there shoe fit and sizing.
- I am used to having some discomfort after I run. These shoes have eliminated that for me. After running with these shoes, I feel like I can just keep right on going These are really great shoes.
- I am super happy with the width of these shoes. They are firm yet cushy and they are light, light , light. I am really happy with my purchase. "
- These shoes are great for training. They are a light and comfortable shoe and have a real neutral design to them. I like the color as well, they really look great.
- These shoes seem to wear really even and have worked well with my pronation. The tongue on the shoe is a little awkward but nothing I cannot handle. I like the lacing of these shoes and they fit really nug like I like. I am a huge Asics fan because there shoes seem to be right for my foot and my style running. They really are supportive.
- I switched te laces out and stopped wearing sock since I am now doing Triathlons and these are a dream. I put a lot of miles on them right out of the box. You can feel them on the toe a bit and I wish they were a bit easier to take on and off. But all in all , they are a great shoe.
- I am glad they redesigned the shoe. It really looks great. They have a good weight to them and they are snug. Maybe a bit too snug for some people in the toes but good for me.
- These seem to have more support than the old Noosa’s and they are nice and snug. I get a lot of compliments on these at work. They hold me up and give me no pain either. Great work shoe for sure.
- Although these seemed a little tight, they were super comfy. Great heel and midfoot support and I can wiggle my toes around. Great Shoe Asics.
- Super light shoe without lacking support. They are the best shoe I have ever ran in. I didn’t get blisters from the break in time and they were snug and cushy.
- I have been running these at a an average 4 miles a week and I am very pleased. They have really pushed me on my sprints and They are really comfy. I will buy these again.
- These take a bit of time to break in compared to other shoes I have bought but it is totally worth it. They are way beyond my expectation in durability and responsiveness. They are comfortable and hug my feet in all the right spots. They are really light and by far my most favorite soe ever.
- This is like no other Noosa I have owned. They have upgraded a already awesome shoe. They are light and soft. They really breath great, leaving my toes nice and cool. I am in love with this FF series, they have outdone themselves.
- These shoes were designed to be worn barefoot. I see all these reviews about tightness. I love this shoe and it does exactly what it was made to do, support my barefoot. It has great comfort and the design is very original.
- These shoes are so tough yet they have a great bounce and cushion to the, I do not get shin splints or any pain with these. The support is out of this world. I am super happy with the price too, very affordable for such a great design.
- Sturdy yet light, comfortable yet snug and durable. These shoes have been a foot pleaser for sure. I highly recommend thee shoes.
- I probably won't use these as my runners as they run pretty small along my toes. I do love them though. They are nice and cushioned and support my feet really well. They are super durable and made with that in mind. I beat the heck out of my shoes when I walk and these don't seem to mind. I would suggest a size bigger.
- I am a Asics fan but these are really faulting in cushion. Plus, they run really small.
- This shoe has no support and they seem to have changed the lace up system. These are really thin and bend up a lot when you try and tighten them. The tongue tends to slide down as well. I guess these would be alright for simple walking.
- I always buy Asics for work. I am a nurse and work strenuous hours. These have failed me this time though. These are way smaller in the toe box than any other Asics that I have bought and my toenail really has been hurting me. I hope it doesn't fall off.
- Asics made this shoe too narrow. They really have a lot of pressure on the top o the toes and the ball of my foot.
- I am used to wearing the Cumulus for years and had to switch so I chose these. I am going to have to keep looking. These gave me some of the worst pain in my achilles I have ever had. I am a triathlon runner and put my shoes to work. These are not going to work.
- Way too narrow! I Wear an 8 in all asics and I I liked the color of these but the comfort is a no go. They were rubbing my heel spretty bad and my toes were all scrunched up. They went back to the store immediately.
- There is no support in the front of this shoe. The cushioning in the whole shoe is really cheap and seems like it is going to fall apart. They made my feet hurt really bad after only a couple miles. I tried to switch the insoles but that did not help at all. It may have made it worse. These shoes are just badly designed and cheap.
- I tried to wear these to work at the hospital and OMG are they ridiculously tight. I traded them in for a bigger size and they still caused me a lot of pain. I am not happy about this at all.
- It was like I put my foot into a torture chamber. I have always bought the gel nimbus and these are no comparison. They are so tight and just awful.
- I really enjoyed the color on these but I could not break them in. They were way too tight and super stiff.
- High-abrasion rubber outsole provides great traction and grip
- FlyteFoam® midsole provides great cushioning and springy energy return
- Breathable upper will keep the foot cool and dry throughout a run
- A versatile trainer that’s good for both long or short distance runs
With an improved upper that features more perforations to allow for better airflow in the foot chamber and coming with both standard and lock laces for quicker transitioning between activities, the Noosa FF has certainly tweaked its formula since its last edition for better overall efficiency and breathability. While some of its features have retained the same parameters, like its 10mm standard drop, overall Asics has taken a look at what worked and what could be improved upon from the last edition of the Noosa and adjusted accordingly.
Asics has been producing some of the most reliably comfortable shoes on the market for years now. Having earned a dedicated following and clientele, the Noosa FF goes one step further by being a comfortable neutral running shoe for triathletes in mind. Of course, daily runners looking for a little more comfort in their shoe may also find this a comfortable everyday trainer, as well. Another solid entry in the Asics output, the Noosa FF is a shoe made for triathletes but will work just as well as an everyday trainer for long and short runs alike.