Saucony Hurricane 16
The Saucony Hurricane 16´s deliver a formidable mix of protection and steadiness. This model is considered a very good choice for those dealing with pronation and they offer an agreeable amount of stability. On top of that, these shoes are very cushioned so you can run long distances comfortably and without any problem. These shoes are perfect if you´re on the heavy side and want to avoid injury. They are also ideal if you are out of shape due to prolonged inactivity. We recommend the Hurricane 16’s for training sessions of moderate/severe pronators and this is especially relevant for people with low arches.
They are very complete, technologically speaking. Sauc-fit, HydraMAX, ComforLite, iBR+ and the PoweGrid midsole, makes these shoes stand out for their protection against impact. An eight-millimeter midsole offset puts your body in a stable position. Included is an ample amount of cushioning, designed to protect your heels, forefoot, and knees, among other key parts of your lower body by reducing impact force. Saucony launched this product in their Spring/Summer 2014 collection.
Protective rubber outsole
They are very stable
Great ground contact
They weigh 11.2 ounces
Little to choose from when it comes to the color designs
They have a narrow design
- The toe is a bit saggy on these. The lacing works really good to help this. I do like roomy toe boxes, these are just a bit odd. They do stay secure and are comfortable though.
- These are ok, they just need a bit more break in period than I am used to. They are not quite as good as the Omnis. They have support and are good and comfortable.
- I got these a size smaller than normal and they are good. They have great cushy insides and very sturdy when running. The support is a great combination and the shoe is just great.
- These really have helped me with my knee surgery recovery. They have great support and cushioning as well as being light. The solid sole is good with keeping my feet secure and stable when I am walking with my damaged knee. I had another pair and these are an improvement I think.
- I did not need to break these in at all I love them. No pain and fatigue and total support. They are really comfortable and I highly recommend.
- Best shoes EVER! They are stable, cushioned and really supportive all over. I cannot say enough about how great this shoe is. Throw everything away and just get these, you will be happy.
- These have great to box room and fit my heels and total foot perfect out of the box. They do not make my feet go numb at all. I am glad Saucony seems to be bouncing back with some solid runners. I am able to wear them all over the place. They are holding up nice and showing little wear. They keep me from pronating as well.
- These have a bit more weight to them than I am used to. Other than that, they are near perfect. They have support in them that keeps my knees and other joints from hurting. I run 10 or miles a day and love the cushioning and stability these offer. I have to say it is probably one of the best stability shoes out there.
- These are the most perfect shoes. They are comfortable and need no break in time. I am very impressed and can't think of one negative part of the shoe.
- These have tons of cushion without being overly squishy. They do great and are stable on all terrain so far. I am impressed with the price for the quality.
- Perfect cushioning and support for my running style. I run over 5 miles a day and these really give me the comfort I need with out any residual pain. They do have a spot that wears out pretty fast above the big toe.
- They have tons of protection yet are extremely light for what they offer. I have no shin splints any more with these. They are a really great material on the top of the foot. The color are really nice as well.
- These shoes are just so freaking reat. They have tons of cushioning and have proven to be one of the best stability shoes I have ever bought.
- These have really helped the painful foot issues I suffer from. They are full of cushioning and have some room for my inserts when I need them. They fit my wide feet to size as well.
- These are a replacement for my ever loving NB that were discontinued. I am so happy that I found this awesome, cushy stability shoe. The toebox is a tad bit narrower but nothing to overly fuss about. They have a high ankle support and are really light, comparably.
- I needed a shoe that would provide ample stability with a generous amount of cushioning. This is a top notch stability shoe. The cushioning is perfect and it isn’t too heavy like some. I am an old lady and still like to do what I can and these work great in my Jazzercise classes and get me jogging a bit. My running days are over.
- I am in love with the comfort and stability of this shoe. Thy have a great style and don’t look bulky like some stability shoes. They are light and cushioned and need no breaking in.
- I like to use these for my daily dog walks. They are the perfect shoe for strolling. They offer a lot of stability and comfort. They are also really cushioned and like little pillows caressing your foot with every step.
- These are super soft on the inside and have a lot of room in the toes. They fit great with my orthotics and really support my clunky walk.
- These are great for going hiking on the mild trails by my house. They have great ankle support and the soles are really stable and cushioned. Great shoe.
- These have all the cushion I need to stay pain free and comfortable. I power walk about 6 miles a day and really got some miles out of this model. It truly is a great stability shoe.
- I am a nurse and need a really stable and cushioned shoe. That is this! It is a high end couch for your foot. It comforts and cushions and offers top end stability. I am able to stay in these babies all day with no issues.
- These are supportive and have extra cushioning. I am able to wear these all day and they look decent as well for a stability shoe. I am happy with my purchase for sure.
- These are really horrible and chap feeling, especially in the tongue area compared to my old ones. I am so disappointed. They feel like my foot is going to roll out when I take a step, they are so unstable.
- These are a really flimsy and cheap feeling material. They feel simmy and do not really give me a sense of comfort other stability shoes do and they are a bit heavier than I am used to. They also have this weird gap in the shoe laces that looks like a tare.
- These are so much different than my other ones! They are s thin and so cheap and I feel like I am going to fall forward when I run in them. These rubbed a blister on the side of my feet as well.
- I am so sad about this shoe. I wish I could give it no stars. They hurt my feet and felt almost too cushioned, while feeling thin and cheap. I want to warn people to not get this shoe.
- I have had devery hurricane and thee are horrible. The front of the toes have no cushion while the rest is covered, it feels awkward. I even have an gel insert for absorbance and these still make my feet burn.
- These shoes run a bit short and they are lacking cushioning compared to my other stability shoes.I was a really disappointed.
The sole is made with the mix of compounds used by Saucony in its latest models for both the toe area and the heel. It includes a carbon compound of great durability, combined with the IBR +, a rubber compound 33% lighter than the conventional. The zigzag shape of the outsole facilitates the dispersion of the impact exerted by the foot and, on the other hand, it helps with the flexion of the shoe.
The Saucony Hurricane 16 (8 mm drop) midsole is more abundant than normal. The absorption of the impact and the responsiveness is high due to the PowerGrid technology. The midsole, or the area between the rubber bottom of the shoe and the flexible upper, is very firm. Saucony Hurricane 16´s include a firm area inside the midsole to reinforce the arch. A variety of added support features make this one of these shoe's trademarks.
The system used in this upper works as an exoskeleton that covers the foot, under which is a mesh that acts as a tab that joins the mesh or top, forming a kind of "sock". This is why the maximum adaptation of the Saucony Hurricane 16´s is achieved when each runner uses it, and when it is achieved, a feeling of comfort difficult to improve arrives.
• iBR+ outsole for extra cushion
• 8mm heel to toe offset
• Powergrid midsole for more joint protection
Choosing running shoes can be a frustrating experience. You know that you should not choose your sports shoes because of their color, no matter how attractive you find those orange and green pair. Most running shoes offer some stability features to one degree or another, according to the American Academy of Sports Medicine Podiatry (AAPSM). Trying them on and running with them is the best way to determine if the Saucony Hurricane 16´s are were made for you or not.