Saucony Hurricane ISO 3
Saucony is back with its next installment in the Hurricane ISO series: the Hurricane ISO 3. While Saucony claims the latest Hurricane has major updates (moving the EVERUN crash pad inside and a reducing the size of the ISOFIT panel) most found no large discernible differences and were pleased with the overall performance and comfort provided as they had come to expect from previous versions in this line. However, it did stand out that the updated EVERUN midsole landing zone under the heel provided improved responsiveness on heel strike. This combined with the sole’s attention to energy return propelled runners forward for a swifter ride without the added taxation on the legs. As a stability shoe meant for moderate overpronation, the Hurricane ISO 3 is remarkably flexible and lightweight due to the technology employed in the shoe’s construction. Despite some durability concerns of the heel collar, feedback has been predominantly positive. With a snugger feel for the security of fit and a plush, cushioned ride, most find this shoe to meet their needs for daily longer training runs… and many yet found this shoe to be suitable for gym activities, weight training, hiking, as well as casual wear.
- Cited as very comfortable overall
- Offers support for moderate overpronation
- Some felt that arch support is lacking
- Snug fit was too narrow for some
- Many found sizing to be inaccurate, running too small
- Delighted with the overall level of comfort while running/walking, I do have moderate overpronation and these work good for my feet, the support from the cushioning is very good, great level of energy return from these light shoes.
- These are light, with lots of flexibility while I run, the energy return is improved upon from the previous version, like the seamless uppers and very good ventilation.
- I get a nice secure run in these with the ISOFIT tech in these shoes, the energy return works for improving my stride and the ventilation so far is really impressive, love the stability from these.
- I like the improved heel strike in this latest shoe, these are great for my moderate pronation, got these in size 2E and the fit is spot on target, possibly the most comfortable shoe that I’ve tried.
- I have flat feet and these are great, I also have narrow feet and the fit feels precise, ventilation works really well so it’s nice to retain dry feet, the cushion is average and good.
- As I have plantar fasciitis I’m careful which shoes to use, these shoes stop my feet rolling and the cushioning is the best I have had in a shoe.
- First time I tried this brand, the cushion is right, the energy return is very good and the shoe is supportive while also light, very happy with these.
- Straight to the point, good performing shoe for regular running, these do give a glove fit and the support is very nice, breathability is there and so my feet stay comfy.
- Always use this shoe brand and these are an improvement on the earlier version, lots more support, the cushion is where its needed and stability is good, ventilation is very impressive. I have near to flat feet and these work so well.
- The arch support is off it does not give good support and the shoe is too narrow in relation to the size, the heel collar has a lining which is bunching and causing friction.
- For the right shoe, the ankle padding seems to sit too low at the back, this makes the shoe uncomfortable and causes my heel to slip, I have to return these, they are not comfortable.
- The fit is way off and the arch support is not right, as soon as I put these on and despite resizing I could feel that the shoe width was out of sync with the shoe size.
- These gave major friction problems, the fabric in these bunched up in the rear of the shoe causing friction and a few painful blisters, not at all impressed with these.
- Just fifty miles and the shoe eyelets are worn and the shoes have started to give me blisters under where the eyelets should be, this shoe had really bad durability problems.
Most find its main selling point to be the comfort
Lightweight daily trainer
Responsive ride due to impressive energy return
Impressive cushioning that does not impede flexibility
ISOFIT upper for a secure feeling fit